Backend Software Engineer
Carggo is a platform for the logistics industry in a market that costs over $8 trillion. We are among the first ones to disrupt this complicated and chaotic industry and bring it online with a robust industrial expertise. We are dedicated to make transportation simpler and transparent, freight costs less, deals close faster, and everyone benefit.
Exceptional software development is integral in developing our product to reshape the logistics industry in the USA and worldwide. You’ll work alongside the brightest minds with expertise in different sectors, ranging from freight transportation to engineering and logistics at the global level. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new digital platform for worldwide logistics.
Started in 2016, we’re fully funded by our founders.
The Backend team at Carggo designs, codes, tests and implements complex software for the logistics industry. We’re looking for a Java Software Engineer to join the team that is passionate about creating robust and reliable systems.
What You’ll Do:
· Design, code, test, and implement complex, high performing software at scale in a big data environment
· Develop the core of the system
· Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
More About You:
· You’re a tech wizard with 3+ years of Java software experience
· You have designed, coded, tested, and implemented high volume, multi-threaded Web application
· You’re proficient with Spring
· You have strong quantitative analysis, programming, and modelling skills
What you’ll need:
· Experience manipulating, compiling and processing large data sets
· Proficiency in relational databases
· Ability to self-study and quickly learn and put new topics into practice
· Experience developing middle to back end in Java for a logistics/supply chain company helpful, but not required
· Experience working with Spring (JPA, Boot, Integration, MVC)
Bonus Points For Having:
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience working with Rabbit MQ, PL/SQL, Continuous Integration (DevOps), Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
· Experience working with transportation management system (TMS)
· English skills
Our continuous releases are integrated with GIT, Jenkins. We track tasks and projects with JIRA, and Confluence. On the frontend, we use ReactJS for the views, organize the data flow with Java EE architecture. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Java EE.
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive base salary
· Medical package
· Flexible working hours
· Great office location (subway: Frunzenskaya, Sportivnaya, Kievskaya)
· Relocation assistance for employees from different cities
· Opportunities for individual development and career growth
· Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: in-office company-paid snacks and fruits, big-screen TV’s, table tennis, lounge zone, fun office atmosphere and much more!