Carggo is a new digital platform for the global logistics industry with over $8 trillion in annual spend. We are among the first to disrupt this complex and long-established industry by bringing it online using our vast industrial expertise. We are dedicated to make transportation management simpler, commercial terms more transparent and overall freight costs lower by minimizing human involvement.
Development of breakthrough proprietary software is the center point of reshaping the logistics industry in the USA and worldwide. As a digital engineer you will work alongside the brightest minds with expertise in different sectors, ranging from freight transportation to engineering and logistics in various geographies across the globe. You will have an exciting opportunity to change the world in an intellectually stimulating and friendly environment.
Started in 2016, we’re fully funded by our founders.
As an Oracle database developer working at Carggo, you will be responsible for building products that will disrupt one of the nation’s largest sectors and bring the logistics industry into the modern age.
What you’ll do:
· Lead development of an efficient database infrastructure
· Oversee the installation and maintenance of the database
· Enhance existing database ecosystem
· Develop standards and guidelines to protect the database from security hacks
· Implement new products for continuous performance of database tuning
· Evaluate industry trends in database systems
· Review protocols and procedures in database system management
· Tasks also include data analysis, SQL support, production deployments and support
More About You:
· You have five or more years as a hands-on technologist with a good mix of application development, database development and data integration
· You have outside of the box thinking to come up with new solutions
· You also have experience with Oracle replication/materialized views and data migration
· Previously you have led teams with 3-5 people
What You’ll Need:
· Leadership experience
· Strong database knowledge
· Master Data Management
· Strong in SQL and/or PL/SQL development
· Experience working with GIT and GitLab
· Good understanding of unit and integration testing
· Experience working with Oracle SE, Oracle NoSQL
· Continuous Integration (DevOps) knowledge
· Experience working with Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
Bonus Points For Having:
· Java experience
Our continuous releases are integrated with GIT, Jenkins. We track tasks and projects with JIRA, and Confluence. On the frontend, we use ReactJS for the views, organize the data flow with Java EE architecture. On the backend, we use Oracle SE/EE. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Java EE.
What’s In It For You:
· Competitive base salary
· Medical package
· Flexible working hours
· Great office location (subway: Frunzenskaya, Sportivnaya, Kievskaya)
· Relocation assistance for employees from different cities
· Opportunities for individual development and career growth
· Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free snacks and fruits, ping-pong, mini gym, lounge zone, own bike team and regular team-building events!