Senior Java Developer (Machine Learning)
Carggo is a new digital platform for the global logistics industry with over $8 trillion in annual spend. We are among the first to disrupt this complex and long-established industry by bringing it online using our vast industrial expertise. We are dedicated to make transportation management simpler, commercial terms more transparent and overall freight costs lower by minimizing human involvement.
Development of breakthrough proprietary software is the center point of reshaping the logistics industry in the USA and worldwide. As a digital engineer you will work alongside the brightest minds with expertise in different sectors, ranging from freight transportation to engineering and logistics in various geographies across the globe. You will have an exciting opportunity to change the world in an intellectually stimulating and friendly environment.
Started in 2016, we’re fully funded by our founders.
The R&D team at Carggo designs, codes, tests and implements complex software for the logistics industry. We’re looking for a Java Software Engineer to join the team that is passionate about creating robust and reliable systems, using machine learning and predictive modelling.
What You’ll Do:
· Design, code, test, and implement complex, high performing software at scale in a big data environment
· Develop predictive models for freight transportation prices using statistical data and mathematical models
· Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
More About You:
· You’re a tech wizard with 2+ years of experience in machine learning and predictive modelling at a professional level
· You’re proficient with Java EE
· You have strong quantitative analysis, programming, and statistical modelling skills
· You have experience working with Spring (JPA, Boot, Integration, MVC)
What You’ll Need:
· Experience in machine learning
· Experience manipulating, compiling and processing large data sets
· Proficiency in Oracle SE or Oracle EE
· Ability to self-study and quickly learn and put new topics into practice
Bonus Points For Having:
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
· Experience working with Rabbit MQ, PL/SQL, Continuous Integration (DevOps), Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
· Experience developing middle to back end in Java for a logistics/supply chain company
· Experience working with transportation management system
· English skills
Our continuous releases are integrated with GIT, Jenkins. We track tasks and projects with JIRA, and Confluence. On the frontend, we use ReactJS for the views, organize the data flow with Java EE architecture. On the backend, we use Oracle SE/EE. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Java EE.
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive base salary
· Medical package
· Flexible working hours
· Great office location (subway: Frunzenskaya, Sportivnaya, Kievskaya)
· Relocation assistance for employees from different cities
· Opportunities for individual development and career growth
· Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free snacks and fruits, ping-pong, mini gym, lounge zone, own bike team and regular team-building events!