Logistics compliance & corporate counsel
Carggo is brand-new digital broker and carrier for worldwide logistics. We are looking for a self-driven professional to support our technology business from legal perspective. This is key role for Carggo growths and daily operations.
· Act as a first point of contact for internal risk and compliance queries.
· Address all areas of legal and regulatory compliance applicable to the Company’s activities.
· Assist with the continued development and implementation of a risk management framework for the Company across its operations.
· Provide legal advice and guidance to Company representatives.
· Support the regulatory aspects of strategic projects.
· Communicate key regulatory and compliance issues.
· Research legal issues and drafts legal memoranda or other materials analyzing legal obligations.
· Participate in the definition, development and interpretation of Company policies, procedures and programs.
· Assist with preparation and delivery of training to Company management on legal issues within accountability areas.
· Review and advice on a wide variety of contracts and other legal obligations of the Company.
· Negotiate, coordinate and draft contracts with agents, distributors, vendors, manufacturers, business partners, licensors, and others.
· Support Company’s M&A activities.
· Advice on a wide range of corporate issues and implement Company corporate actions.
· Support Company positions by developing Company responses and defenses to complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
· Comply with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising executive management team on needed actions.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
In addition to the job specific requirements above, the following requirements are expected of all members of the legal team:
· Follow direction, is engaged and productive and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
· Collaborate with and supports other members of the Legal department across the enterprise as needed.
· Demonstrate the Company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures.
· Law degree from an accredited nationally recognized law school.
· Active member of a State bar in good standing and commitment to promptly obtaining license in the State where employed.
· 3+ years as practicing attorney.
· Self-starter, capable of managing matters with minimal guidance.
· Commercially-oriented mindset, focused on business needs.
· Strong organizational, administrative and project management skills.
· Litigation experience in the areas commercial and transportation law will be a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive, correct and effective legal research and writing.
· Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of management, stakeholders, vendors and customers.
· Ability to work effectively in a team located in various parts of the world.
· Consistent attention to detail, good judgment and the ability to effectively prioritize and timely produce high quality work product and to take direction as needed.
· Demonstrated skill in preparing and presenting effective written and oral reports, and recommendations.
· Ability to apply facts to law to find solutions and determine risk.
· Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated skill in conducting information and organizing material into a manageable form.
· Industry-specific experience preferred.
· Strong PC skills and Microsoft proficiency.
Location: Carggo office in Chicago
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Carggo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.