Senior Java Developer (Transport Management System)
Carggo is a new digital platform for the global logistics industry with over $8 trillion in annual spend. We are among the first to disrupt this complex and long-established industry by bringing it online using our vast industrial expertise. We are dedicated to make transportation management simpler, commercial terms more transparent and overall freight costs lower by minimizing human involvement.
Development of breakthrough proprietary software is the center point of reshaping the logistics industry in the USA and worldwide. As a digital engineer you will work alongside the brightest minds with expertise in different sectors, ranging from freight transportation to engineering and logistics in various geographies across the globe. You will have an exciting opportunity to change the world in an intellectually stimulating and friendly environment.
Started in 2016, we’re fully funded by our founders.
The R&D team at Carggo designs, codes, tests and implements complex transportation management system for the logistics industry. We’re looking for Java Software Engineers to join the team that is passionate about creating robust and reliable systems.
What You’ll Do:
· Design, code, test, and implement complex, high performing software at scale in a big data environment
· Work with transportation management system (TMS)
· Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
More About You:
· You’re experienced in developing middle to back end in Java for a logistics/supply chain company
· You have experience working with transportation management system (TMS)
· You’re proficient with Java EE
· You have experience working with Spring (JPA, Boot, Integration, MVC)
Bonus Points For Having:
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
· Experience working with Rabbit MQ, PL/SQL, Continuous Integration (DevOps), Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
· You have strong analytical, programming, and statistical modelling skills
· English skills
Our continuous releases are integrated with GIT, Jenkins. We track tasks and projects with JIRA, and Confluence. On the frontend, we use ReactJS for the views, organize the data flow with Java EE architecture. On the backend, we use Oracle SE/EE. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Java EE.
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive base salary
· Medical package
· Flexible working hours
· Great office location (subway: Frunzenskaya, Sportivnaya, Kievskaya)
· Relocation assistance for employees from different cities
· Opportunities for individual development and career growth
· Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free snacks and fruits, ping-pong, mini gym, lounge zone, own bike team and regular team-building events!