Tools and Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Carggo is a new digital platform for the global logistics industry with over $8 trillion in annual spend. We are among the first to disrupt this complex and long-established industry by bringing it online using our vast industrial expertise. We are dedicated to make transportation management simpler, commercial terms more transparent and overall freight costs lower by minimizing human involvement.
Development of breakthrough proprietary software is the center point of reshaping the logistics industry in the USA and worldwide. As a digital engineer you will work alongside the brightest minds with expertise in different sectors, ranging from freight transportation to engineering and logistics in various geographies across the globe. You will have an exciting opportunity to change the world in an intellectually stimulating and friendly environment.
Started in 2016, we’re fully funded by our founders.
As an Engineer working at Carggo, you will be responsible for building products that will disrupt one of the nation’s largest sectors and bring the logistics industry into the modern age.
What you’ll do:
- You'll be working with a team of system admins and coders in a Tools and Infrastructure Automation role in order to help our engineering team to achieve greater efficiency.
- You'll be writing in scripting languages in order to write self-service automation to let engineers develop and test apps.
- You’ll automate app deployment, monitor and maintain the infrastructure
More About You:
- You have more than 2 years of experience working with ОS Linux (RHEL or CentOS 6/7)
- You have a good knowledge of bash, systemd, iptables (firewalld), yum, journalctl, cron
- You’ve worked with OS Windows Server no less than 3 years and are familiar with AD, CA, GPO, DNS, WinRM
What you’ll need:
- You know Bash and Powershell very well
- You’ve worked with configuration management tools Ansible / Puppet / Chief and a continuous integration program Jenkins
- You’re experienced in PostgreSQL and virtualization software VMWare
- Experience with Git (GitLab) and SVN
- Experience with nginx and apache
- Experience with Apache Tomcat or WilFly (Jboss)
Bonus Points For Having:
- You’ve heard of Vagrant
- You even have experience with Atlassian’s products: Jira, Confluence
Our continuous releases are integrated with GIT, Jenkins. We track tasks and projects with JIRA, and Confluence. On the frontend, we use ReactJS for the views, organize the data flow with Java EE architecture. On the backend, we use Oracle SE/EE. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Java EE .
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive salary
· Medical package
· Flexible working hours
· Great office location (subway: Frunzenskaya, Sportivnaya, Kievskaya)
· Relocation assistance for employees from different cities
· Opportunities for individual development and career growth
· Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free snacks and fruits, ping-pong, mini gym, lounge zone, own bike team and regular team-building events!